Thursday, April 14, 2005

Dostii kii Kasam... Or friendship that never was?

They say that when one door closes, another opens.But no amount of open doors can keep u from thinking wistfully, with longing,an ache in ur mind,a scar in ur soul that refuses to heal, about the closed doors. And no amount of closed doors can scare u away from stepping into that unknown , uncertain world that another open door offers.

Thus I got this new friend today. Though we have met a couple of times earlier,we got a chance to get to know each other only recently, thanks to the film fair organising committee meetings. A father of 2 kids, something abt him reminds me of my own dad, though I cant put my finger on what it is.God please let him still be my friend in my old age (if at all I reach that age)!

And this man brings to my mind this dear friend from whom I have to keep my distance ( atleast for the time being) so that he wud still be my frind, and this other great friend who left me for...oh for what reason I know not. Not that I ever stop thinking of either of these gentlemen.Still...Oh Dickinson:

They say that "time assuages," -
Time never did assuage;
An actual suffering strengthens,
As sinews do, with age.

Time is a test of trouble,
But not a remedy.
If such it prove,it prove too
There was no malady.

15 Comments:

Blogger പാപ്പാന്‍‌/mahout said...

kutti malayalees aanalley? malayalees entha ingane eppazhum senti? Why such a post? To match the dark and sombre background of your page?

Laugh, and the world will laugh at you :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Achinthya said...

Ohh nte paappaane,
pandu pandu oru abadham senti moodil ezhuthiyathaane...kshamichu kala.moreover i didnt expect anyone to read it either.only Jo knew the existence of this till recently. My foolish self had to comment on others blogs and here I am.
believe me, i dont sport a long face and nor am i a kutti.
And, I'd rather have the world laugh with me than at me.
Thanks.
keep smiling

8:14 PM  
Blogger പാപ്പാന്‍‌/mahout said...

Laugh, and the world will laugh at you is actually the motto of positively thinking masochists :]

1:35 AM  
Blogger പാപ്പാന്‍‌/mahout said...

A correction:
Laugh, and the world will laugh at you is actually the motto of the positively thinking masochists :]

7:11 AM  
Blogger Achinthya said...

Again u mixed ur prepositions I think. Enthaayaalum suhruthe njaanippo full time ilichondirikkya. changalakku order poyittundennu kekkunu. changalem chirikkan thudangyaaalll......

10:47 PM  
Blogger സു | Su said...

Achinthya :)

evideninnokkeyyo alanjnjalanju ivide ethi :)

1:24 PM  
Blogger Achinthya said...

padhikaykku swaagatham!
thanneerpanthalalla. upachaarangalumilla.
santhosham.
but y cant i access ur blog?

10:57 PM  
Blogger Achinthya said...

Oyster, thanks a lot for the kind words.But look whos talking! U r very good urself in creating pearls from painful grains of insignificant sand. No oyster, I dont add anything to my bolg since I dnt feel comfortable about baring my soul to the world. I dont think I can write a convincing sentence abt less personal stuff like "100 different ways to straighten the dog's tail" either. So I'd rather u dint waste ur time at these dizzying withering heights.Dnt want to disappoint u.
Love and peace

4:05 PM  
Blogger .:: ROSH ::. said...

Umechi, You have been Tagged !!

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Books, when adapted to the movies, lose some of the charm and scope for fancy and fantasy in the mind of the reader

hey,
shyamaprasad is gonna make "khasakinte idhihasam'
http://www.shyamaprasad.com/show_goes.htm

"motorcycle diaries" book and DVD is with me ready to give to anybody.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Achinthya said...

Shyam and Khasak...So I heard. The only book-movie attempt of Shyam that i could enjoy was "Uyirthezhunnelpu", of Camus's 'The Just". But then that was the product of a whole team work...Shyam, Cuckoo , Murali etc.Infact The same team staged the play for almost 12 years I think .

Thanks Thulasi,I did read MC Diaries later. So good of you to make that offer.

10:02 PM  
Blogger cosmicblob said...

Achintya,
First time here - after observing your sutle and elegant comments on various blogs. You have so many beautiful thoughts in you that come out so eloquently and poetically in your posts. Please do continue writing!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Achinthya said...

AAaaaaaahhhhh CB, thankyuuuuuuu...
But the Muse is in hibernation.And moreover, my lovable dushta ML has given me a homework to do. Cant she see that Im standing in Q for my old-age pension? Too bothersome darlimg. i'd rather pass comments .For that u neednt think,right?
Love

5:32 PM  
Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

If there are a few people who have left me clueless in the world, here's one who takes the flour, batter, cake and the entire bakery with her!!

:-)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kalesh Kumar said...

And no amount of closed doors can scare u away from stepping into that unknown , uncertain world that another open door offers.
- വെരി ട്രൂ ഉമേച്ചീ...

ഉമേച്ചിയെകൊണ്ട് മലയാളത്തിലെഴുതിക്കാൻ ഞാൻ നടത്തിയ സർക്കസ്സ് ഓർത്ത് എനിക്ക് വിഷമം തോന്നുന്നു.....

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home