Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Other side of midnight

There it goes again! Here I was, enjoying myself in the lightness of being,absorbing the cool wetness of the night into all my living pores,resting assured in the belief that God IS still there in his heaven and all SHOULD go well with the world. But lo and behold! the morning paper tells me a different story.One death in the district... a silver lightning came, touched him, took his life out of him. 50 houses destroyed.Makes me almost feel guilty for yesternight's euphoria! But then that is life, or rather, that is death!

Poor God, after all, he too is human, na?

2 Comments:

Blogger പാപ്പാന്‍‌/mahout said...

Who said there is a God? Does she exist anywhere other than in (some) people's minds?

3:55 AM  
Blogger Achinthya said...

hahaha...Dearest T Bolt, cool down!
I dont think u got my point. I was talking about a God that we stupid unimaginative human beings have conceived, created. Not about the ultimate force that makes the world tick. Sorry sweetheart, I do understand your enthusiasm in the Christ-Vishnu-God-Paramathma visheshams. I ve been through all this stuff a lot.I even explain Natraja the cosmic dancer with reference to Quantum Mechanics in my aesthetics classes. But I dont subscribe to a God who acts as my chaprazzi.

As to the entry-exit interval. I see it only as that- an interval.Wouldnt be happy that someone else's exit meant that Im still here.No. When its time for me to leave, I do so gracefully. I dont think its the length that matters. Its the intensity.

Mahout, tat twam asi.

Love(is there a greater god?)

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home